Balance and Fall Prevention
Twin Falls Physical Therapist
The world is turning — it just shouldn’t feel like it as you walk from your couch to the fridge.
We can help you. Come in today so we can help you put the balance back in your life.
Balance is very important in fall prevention. A simple self test can help you determine if you could be at risk of a fall.
- Have you fallen more than once in the past year?
- Do you take medicine for any of the following: hear Disease, Hypertension, Arthritis, Anxiety?
- Do you feel dizzy or unsteady if you make sudden movements?
- Do you experience blackouts?
- Have you had a stroke or other event that affects your balance?
- Do you experience numbness or loss of sensation in your limbs?
- Do you use a walker, cane, or wheelchair for assistance?
- Are you inactive?
- Do you feel unsteady when you are walking or climbing stairs?
- Do you have difficulty sitting down or rising from a seated or lying position?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you could be at risk for a fall. Regardless of the cause of your balance problem, we can help
Balance services need to get to the cause of your problem; ours do! Our balance treatments can include:
- A thorough evaluation of your balance deficits
- Gait retraining
- Safety training
- Vestibular (inner ear) adaption exercises
- Low impact muscle strengthening
- Joint mobilization
- Therapeutic activities that focus on fall prevention
- Customized balance retraining exercises
Whether you feel like:
- The world is spinningYou are floating (moving) when you are actually stationary
- Have weak muscles that make it hard to walk
- Feel like your legs or feet are too stiff to take your next step
- Have positional vertigo (feel dizzy when you stand, bend, sit or turn your head)